Apex is the world's first computational parts based CAE system. A platform-based for a broad range of physics and applications that MSC Software will introduce over time. Its generative design is the fully automated generative design solution built on the intuitive CAE environment. While employing an innovative generative design engine in the background, it utilizes all the easy-to-use and easy-to-learn features of Apex. This combined benefit decreases the effort required in the design optimization workflow. The generative design is designed specifically to generate detailed and highly complex structures that only additive processes can manufacture. The innovative, stress-based algorithm derives distinct geometries by minimizing mass, creating geometries that are truly unimaginable by the human mind.
Simplicity: Simplicity: No expert knowledge required for conducting optimizations through high user-focused software design.
Direct output: Export geometry that can be directly manufactured and used immediately without manual re-work.
Automated design: Almost automatically generate multiple smoothed design candidates that all satisfy the design criteria while minimizing the weight.
One process: Import the resulting geometries in Simufact Additive or Digimat AM to achieve cost-efficient first-time-right results for every part.
MSC Apex Structure
Apex Structures is an integrated module of a Finite Element Analysis solver, which provides users access to linear, nonlinear structural analysis. Currently, Apex supports four types of linear analysis, including linear statics, linear buckling, normal modes, and frequency response analysis.
MSC Apex Modeler
Apex Modeler is a CAE specific direct modeling and CAD-and-Mesh solution that streamlines CAD clean-up, mesh creation, and attributes setting workflow. The solution features sophisticated and interactive tools that are easy to use and easy to learn. MSC Apex Modeler is a CAE specific direct modeling and meshing solution that streamlines CAD clean-up, simplification, and meshing workflow. The solution features sophisticated and interactive tools that are easy to use and easy to learn. It includes features like direct modeling and meshing, easy to use, and learn.
- New, innovative design mindset – no manual construction necessary
- Easy-to-use software does not need an extensive training period, cost savings through a much more efficient process of product design
- Multiple design candidates generated based on optimization settings
- Direct and feasible part design output
- Generated results are tailored for a direct Additive Manufacturing production and utilize the technology’s potentials
- Interoperability for mechanical integrity validation and manufacturability
- Generation of highly complex, organic shaped lightweight designs for reduced production and operation costs