The Nonlinear Multi-scale Material and Structure Modeling Platform. In order to bring significant weight saving in the design today’s major challenge is the shift from metal to composite. The paradigm requires a dedicated tool for composite design to take into account the specific composite behavior. Digimat enables engineers to perform both micros- and macro-scale analyses of composites, predicting their performance and calculating their mechanical, thermal, and electrical properties. A large variety of composite materials, including those made from thermoplastic and thermoset polymers, and elastomers, can be effectively modeled with Digimat. The composite modeling technology of Digimat relies on micromechanical approaches to precisely predict the behavior of multi-phase material. It offers optimized solutions to bridge the gap between manufacturing process, structural FEA, and material design. With Digimat being a part of your CAE suite, your product development becomes predictive, enabling you to optimize composite structure design with confidence.
- Digimat-MF: For a fast & accurate prediction of the nonlinear behavior of multi-phase materials using Mean-Field homogenization technology.
- Digimat-FE: For an accurate prediction of the local/global nonlinear behavior of multiphase materials using the FEA of realistic Representative Volume Element (RVE).
- Digimat-MX: For the preparation, storage, retrieval, and secure exchange of Digimat material models between material suppliers and users.
- Digimat-CAE: Interfaces to process and structural FEA codes for an accurate prediction of composite materials and reinforced platics parts performance using nonlinear multi-scale modeling approach.
- Digimat-MAP: For an efficient mapping of scalar & tensorial data between the dissimilar shell and solid FE meshes.
- Digimat-HC: Easy and efficient solution for the design of honeycomb sandwich panels.
- Digimat-RP: An integrative simulation environment dedicated to the integration of Digimat material model inside your FEA model for short fiber-reinforced plastic components and systems simulation.
- Digimat-VA: Integrated solution for the computation of virtual allowables.
- Digimat-AM: Process simulation solution for polymer additive manufacturing.
Benefits of Digimat
- Improve fidelity in simulations through better material modeling
- Characterize multi-phase composite materials with ease
- Improve accuracy by bridging the gap between FEA and processing simulation
- Improve communication and standardize material library to reduce errors
Digimat technology connects the whole value chain (Material Suppliers, Tier1, and OEMs) and helps to:
- Investigate and predict the behavior of a large mix of composite materials
- Design & Manufacture Innovative High-Performance Composite Parts
- Minimize weight, cost and time-to-market optimal composite industrial parts
- Improve prediction of structural FEA by accounting for the manufacturing process
- Reduce material testing and prototyping