MSC‘s Adams is the world’s most widely used multibody dynamics simulation software. It lets you build and test virtual prototypes, realistically simulating on your computer, both visually and mathematically, the full-motion behavior of your complex mechanical system designs. It provides a robust solution engine to solve your mechanical system model. The software checks your model and automatically formulates and solves the equations of motion for kinematic, static, quasi-static, or dynamic simulations. With Adams, you don’t have to wait until the computations are complete to begin seeing the results of your simulation. You can view animations and plots and continue to refine your design even as your simulation is running, saving valuable time. For design optimization, you can define your variables, constraints, and design objectives, then have Adam's iterate automatically to the design, providing optimal system performance.
Explore the performance of your design and refine your design before building and testing a physical prototype, analyze design changes much faster and at a lower cost than physical prototype testing would require, vary the kinds of analyses faster and more easily and work in a more secure environment without the fear of losing data from instrument failure or losing testing time because of poor weather conditions.
High-fidelity simulation of common mechanical parts, such as gears, bearings, belts, chains, Electric Motor and Cam, enhanced productivity with incredibly quick model-solve evaluation, process times, an automated, wizard-driven model creation process for ease of use and straightforward evaluation of results in Adams/Postprocessor.
Adams Real Time
Connect real equipment and virtual models in a HIL test environment to test system interactions, connect a real driver and virtual models in a DIL test environment to assess the vehicle and driver performance Connect Adams and VTD to capture high-frequency responses in autonomous simulations.
Import of CAD geometry formats including STEP, IGES, DXF, DWG or Parasolid
- Extensive library of joints and constraints to define part connectivity
- Definition of internal and external forces on the assembly to define your product’s operating environment
- Model refinement with part flexibility, automatic control systems, joint friction and slip, hydraulic and pneumatic actuators, and parametric design relationships
- Ability to generate flexible parts without the need to import MNF file from FEA software
- Ability to iterate to optimal design through the definition of objectives, constraints, and variables
- Automatic generation of linear models and complex loads for export to structural analyses